2023 Scholarships | Merit Awards
Tenaris will award a Merit Award Scholarship to five graduating high school seniors from Midland and Legacy high schools who plan to pursue a STEM degree (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math).
Tenaris continuously invests in educational initiatives in the communities where we have our operations. By focusing on encouraging excellence and rewarding merit, we seek to open up opportunities for young people in the community to realize their potential and go forth to achieve their goals.
With that goal in mind, Tenaris will award a $2,500 Tenaris Merit Award Scholarship to five graduating high school seniors from Midland and Legacy high schools who plan to pursue a STEM degree (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math). Examples of STEM majors include: Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Civil Engineering, Computer Programming, Environmental Studies, Nuclear Engineering, Petroleum Technology, Marine Science, Electrical Engineering, Biology, Aerospace Engineering, Biochemistry, Physics, Computer Science, and more.
In order to be eligible for the above scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria and requirements:
- Be a 2023 graduating high school senior from Midland or Legacy high schools and entering college in the fall of 2023.
- Have a GPA of a 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Pursue a bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field.
- Complete the application, which concentrates on education, involvement and accomplishments in and out of the classroom.
- Include an essay of no more than 500 words on the topic included in the application.
- Provide two letters of recommendation — one letter from a person in the community of no relation to you and another from a school official such as a teacher, counselor, principal, coach, organization sponsor, etc.
- Provide a copy of your official transcript showing proof of your GPA.
- Provide SAT and/or ACT scores (optional).
- Provide a copy of your résumé that includes any work history and/or community involvement (optional).
Applications will then be reviewed by a selection committee. Following the application review process, applicants advancing to the next stage of the selection process will be contacted to schedule an interview, if necessary, with the selection committee. Applicants will be notified by the beginning of April regarding the committee’s decision. Tenaris representatives will present the scholarship certificates to the recipients at their high school in April or May.
Submit your completed application by clicking here by Wednesday, March 15th.
For any questions, please contact your counselor.
Promovemos la excelencia académica y la igualdad de oportunidades en nuestras escuelas.VER MÁS›
Fortalecemos los conocimientos y las habilidades de la Industria 4.0 en escuelas técnicas de la comunidad.VER MÁS›
Impulsamos el desarrollo de habilidades STEM y socioemocionales en estudiantes de 6 a 15 años.VER MÁS›
Apoyamos a jóvenes de nivel secundario, universitario y doctorado, por su excelencia y compromiso académico.VER MÁS›